Create a taste sensation with prawns cooked on the barbecue and served with a spicy, Asian-style dressing. See notes for low-FODMAP diet tips.
The ingredient of Barbecue prawns with nam jim dressing
- 28 large green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Asian salad leaves, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- 1 large fresh red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
The instruction how to make Barbecue prawns with nam jim dressing
- Place the prawns in a bowl. Add the sugar and salt and toss to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Meanwhile, for the nam jim dressing, place the chillies, garlic and salt in a mortar and pound with a pestle until a rough paste forms. Transfer to a bowl. Add the palm sugar, fish sauce, lime juice and chopped coriander and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Preheat a barbecue flatplate on medium-high. Cook the prawns, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until lightly charred and cooked through. Transfer to a serving plate. Spoon over a little of the nam jim dressing. Serve immediately with the salad leaves, coriander and remaining dressing.
Nutritions of Barbecue prawns with nam jim dressingcalories: 330.537 calories
calories: 4.3 grams fat
calories: 1.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 11.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7.5 grams sugar
calories: 57.6 grams protein
calories: 526 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2035 milligrams sodium