The ingredient of Tandoori chicken
- 4 ( about 150g each) chicken breasts, on the bone, skin removed
- 5 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 1 cup thick plain yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 2 cups coriander leaves, picked
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Chutney, to serve
- Naan bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Tandoori chicken
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Make 3 slashes in the thickest part of the chicken flesh. Combine the tandoori paste, yoghurt, garlic, cumin and lemon juice. Place the chicken in a plastic container and cover with the marinade, making sure each piece is well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Heat half the oil in a non-stick frypan, fry onions over medium heat, stirring until golden and starting to char, then place on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Wipe pan clean and add the remaining oil. When oil is hot, add chicken and cook for 2 minutes on one side without turning (this allows a nice crust to form). Turn over and cook for 1 minute on the other side. Transfer to another baking paper-lined baking tray. Cook chicken for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through. Reheat the onions in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, toss the onions with the coriander leaves and pile onto plates beside the chicken. Serve with extra yoghurt, chutney and naan bread, and lemon wedges, if desired.
Nutritions of Tandoori chickencalories: 399.847 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 40 grams protein
calories: 100 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1103.46 milligrams sodium