The ingredient of Rich chocolate dessert cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g butter, chilled, cubed
- 400g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 115g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Vanilla ice-cream or double cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Rich chocolate dessert cake
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Brush a deep, 20cm (base measurement) springform pan with the melted butter to grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the butter and 300g of the chocolate in a medium heavy-based saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat and transfer to a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the sugar and egg yolks into the chocolate mixture until well combined. Sift the flour and baking powder over the chocolate mixture and stir gently until just combined.
- Use electric beaters to beat egg whites in a large, clean dry bowl until soft peaks form. Use a metal spoon to fold a third of egg whites into chocolate mixture, then fold in remaining egg whites until evenly combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate on top and use a fingertip to press the pieces into the cake mixture so they are not exposed. Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes or until crumbs cling to a skewer when inserted in the centre of cake. Set aside for 10 minutes before releasing and removing the springform pan side.
- To serve, cut the cake into wedges with a warm knife and serve warm or at room temperature with the ice-cream or cream.
Nutritions of Rich chocolate dessert cakecalories: 603.475 calories
calories: 38 grams fat
calories: 23 grams saturated fat
calories: 56 grams carbohydrates
calories: 41 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 193 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 435.05 milligrams sodium