Gluten free choc-hazelnut dessert slices that everyone will love - your challenge is not to devour them all at once!
The ingredient of Gluten-free choc-hazelnut meringue dessert slice
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup hazelnut meal (ground hazelnuts)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
The instruction how to make Gluten-free choc-hazelnut meringue dessert slice
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Grease an 18cm x 28cm (base) slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing 3cm overhang on all sides.
- Combine butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, flour, hazelnut meal and cocoa powder in a bowl. Spread over base of prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until top is just firm to touch (base will sink slightly). Spread with Nutella. Set aside to cool.
- Increase oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan-forced. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until dissolved. Spoon meringue onto Nutella. Using a spatula, swirl mixture to create small peaks. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden. Cool. Cut into squares. Serve.
Nutritions of Gluten-free choc-hazelnut meringue dessert slicecalories: 305.92 calories
calories: 16.8 grams fat
calories: 7.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 35.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3.6 grams protein
calories: 43 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 101 milligrams sodium