This wonderful cheesecake dessert tastes just like Christmas!
The ingredient of Eggnog cheesecake with rum sauce
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar, plus 2 tablespoons extra
- 3 eggs
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups (480g) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 1 cup (250ml) pure (thin) cream
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dark rum
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
The instruction how to make Eggnog cheesecake with rum sauce
- Preheat the oven to 170u00b0C.
- Combine the digestive biscuits and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon in a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Add the melted butter and process until the mixture is well combined. Press the biscuit mixture firmly over the base of a 24cm springform pan.
- Place the cream cheese and caster sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the thickened cream, rum, ground nutmeg, ground cloves and remaining cinnamon, and beat until well combined. Pour over the biscuit base and smooth the surface. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- While cheesecake is cooking, place sour cream, vanilla and extra caster sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until combined. Pour over top of cheesecake, then bake for a further 10 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour to cool. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- For the rum sauce: combine the brown sugar, cinnamon quill, vanilla pod and seeds, and 1/3 cup (80ml) water in a saucepan, then stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden. Remove from heat and carefully add the cream, rum and lemon juice, stirring constantly, to combine. Return to the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Serve slices of eggnog cheesecake drizzled with the rum sauce.
Nutritions of Eggnog cheesecake with rum saucecalories: 1202.887 calories
calories: 86 grams fat
calories: 53 grams saturated fat
calories: 90 grams carbohydrates
calories: 78 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 317 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 400.57 milligrams sodium