Everyone will love this spectacular dessert, which offers a gourmet take on the traditional favourites.
The ingredient of Crepes with ricotta filling and warm chocolate sauce
- 1 egg
- 150ml milk
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- Melted butter, to brush
- 500g ricotta
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 oranges, rind grated
- 3 tablespoons chopped dark chocolate
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) thin cream
- 2 tablespoons toasted slithered almonds
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons glace fruits
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) Grand Marnier
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) thin cream
The instruction how to make Crepes with ricotta filling and warm chocolate sauce
- Place egg, milk and flour in a food processor with a pinch of salt and process to combine into a batter. Pour into a jug and set aside for 15 minutes.
- To make the filling, place ricotta in a bowl with all the filling ingredients, beat to combine, then place in the fridge.
- Heat a crepe pan until hot, brush with a little melted butter, then add a thin layer of batter. Cook until golden on one side, then use a spatula to carefully flip over and cook for a few seconds on the other side. Remove from the pan and set aside. Continue until you have 12 crepes. Keep them stored with a sheet of baking paper between each one. Wrap in foil until you are ready to use but do not refrigerate.
- To make the warm chocolate sauce, place the dark chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (dont let the bowl touch the water) until the chocolate melts. Whisk the mixture occasionally until a thick sauce forms.
- Place some of the ricotta mixture onto each crepe, then fold into quarters. Place 2 on each plate and drizzle with the sauce.
Nutritions of Crepes with ricotta filling and warm chocolate saucecalories: