These cinnamon-dusted banana and date fritters are a fun dessert idea for the kids.
The ingredient of Banana and date cinnamon fritters
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 185mls (3/4 cup) soda water
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 fresh dates, pitted
- 1 large banana, cut diagonally into 4 pieces
- Icing sugar, to serve
The instruction how to make Banana and date cinnamon fritters
- Sift flour and cinnamon into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add egg and enough soda water to mix to a smooth, light batter consistency.
- Over medium heat, heat enough vegetable oil in a saucepan to cover the base by 2-3 cm until a little batter dropped into the oil sizzles and rises to the surface.
- Dip dates and banana pieces into the batter, then drop into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes or until batter is crisp and golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately sprinkled with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Banana and date cinnamon fritterscalories: