Mildly sweet and very crisp, this Asian pear tastes refreshing in this Korean dessert.
The ingredient of Baesuk
- 24 black peppercorns
- 3 nashi, peeled, cored, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1L (4 cups) water
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
The instruction how to make Baesuk
- Insert 1 peppercorn into each nashi wedge. Place the nashi, water, sugar and honey in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the nashi softens slightly.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the nashi to serving bowls. Drain, reserving 500ml (2 cups) of poaching liquid. Add reserved liquid to the pan and simmer over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Drizzle over the nashi and top with pine nuts.
Nutritions of Baesukcalories: 286.083 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 54 grams carbohydrates
calories: 53 grams sugar
calories: 2 grams protein
calories: 13.54 milligrams sodium