Create a light dessert of fresh orange slices with creamy ricotta and aromatic caramel.
The ingredient of Ricotta & orange platter with spiced caramel & chocolate
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) water
- 3 strips orange rind
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 300g fresh ricotta
- 2 Valencia oranges, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- Dark chocolate curls, to serve
The instruction how to make Ricotta & orange platter with spiced caramel & chocolate
- Stir the sugar, water, orange rind, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon in a small saucepan over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Simmer, brushing down the side of the pan with a wet pastry brush occasionally, for 16-18 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat. Carefully add orange juice. Swirl to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Strain the caramel through a fine sieve into a jug. Discard solids.
- Crumble ricotta over a platter. Arrange the orange slices on top. Spoon over caramel and sprinkle with chocolate curls.
Nutritions of Ricotta & orange platter with spiced caramel & chocolatecalories: 290.385 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 39 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9.5 grams protein