Fire up that barbecue for a family dinner favourite of spiced beef and vegetable skewers.
The ingredient of Barbecued beef and vegetable kebabs
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 500g beef rump steak, fat trimmed, cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, cubed
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silk removed, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, extra
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 80g salad leaves, washed, dried
The instruction how to make Barbecued beef and vegetable kebabs
- Combine the oil, chilli, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Soak 12 bamboo skewers in cold water for 5 minutes. Drain and dry with paper towel. Thread the beef, mushrooms, capsicum and zucchini alternately onto the skewers. Brush the skewers with some of the oil mixture.
- Cut 8 pieces of foil, each large enough to enclose a piece of corn. Place a piece of corn in the centre of each and brush with a little of the remaining oil mixture. Wrap up the foil to enclose the corn.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Reduce heat to medium. Place the corn parcels on preheated barbecue and cook, turning often, for 15 minutes or until the corn is bright yellow and the kernels are tender but firm to the bite.
- When the corn has been cooking for 5 minutes, add the skewers to the barbecue and cook, turning and brushing with the remaining oil mixture occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until just cooked. (If you are cooking the skewers on a chargrill, you will need to do 2 batches.)
- Combine the extra oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small jug. Place the kebabs, corn pieces and salad leaves in serving bowls. Drizzle the salad leaves with the dressing and serve immediately
Nutritions of Barbecued beef and vegetable kebabscalories: 432.112 calories
calories: 29 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 10 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 30 grams protein
calories: 73.79 milligrams sodium