Take a classic Aussie burger and then twist it up and barbecue to create burgers on sticks!
The ingredient of BBQ burger kebabs with the lot
- 6 small bake-at-home dinner rolls
- 1 egg, lightly whisked, strained
- 1 1 /2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 Swiss cheese slices, cut into sixths
- 3 baby beetroot bulbs, trimmed
- 300g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed Italian herbs
- 3 teaspoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2cm-thick slice pineapple, cut into 6 wedges
- 6 strips streaky bacon (tail end)
- 6 small cherry tomatoes
- 12 baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons MasterFoods Smokey BBQ Sauce
The instruction how to make BBQ burger kebabs with the lot
- For the burger buns, preheat the oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan forced. Cut each roll crossways into 3 portions. Holding the 3 portions next to each other, brush with egg. Place next to each other, on a baking tray. Sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until deep golden.
- Use a knife to separate portions of roll that have stuck together.
- Place the centre piece and 1 end piece from each roll upright, next to each other, on the tray. Reserve other ends. Place 1 piece of cheese on the cut side of each piece. Bake for 4 minutes or until just melted.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan forced. Place beetroot in a roasting pan. Cover with foil. Roast for 35-40 minutes until tender when skewered. Cool, peel and halve.
- Meanwhile, combine mince, parsley, dried herbs and tomato sauce in a bowl. Shape tablespoonfuls into small patties.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel. Cool.
- Thread a cheesy piece of bun onto each skewer. Top each with pineapple, patty, middle piece of bun, another patty, bacon, beetroot, reserved end of bun and a tomato.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Cook the kebabs for 2-3 minutes each side or until charred slightly. Tuck the spinach into the kebabs. Brush the patties with BBQ sauce.
Nutritions of BBQ burger kebabs with the lotcalories: 460.792 calories
calories: 20.2 grams fat
calories: 6.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 37 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8.5 grams sugar
calories: 33.5 grams protein
calories: 106 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1025 milligrams sodium