Lift the lid on your barbie to create colourful Asian-style pork kebabs that are perfect for spring entertaining or midweek dining.
The ingredient of Barbecued pork skewers
- 500g pork fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 orange, juiced
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- tossed salad, to serve
The instruction how to make Barbecued pork skewers
- Soak skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Place pork into a ceramic dish. Combine ginger, oils, garlic, honey, soy sauce and orange juice in a jug. Whisk with a fork to combine. Pour over pork. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours, if time permits.
- Drain pork, reserving marinade. Thread pork onto skewers. Preheat a barbecue plate on medium-high.
- Barbecue skewers for 8 minutes, turning and basting with marinade often, or until cooked through.
- Serve skewers with rice and salad.
Nutritions of Barbecued pork skewerscalories: 329.581 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 15 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15 grams sugar
calories: 29 grams protein
calories: 119 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1147.95 milligrams sodium