This yummy Middle Eastern recipe brings plenty of flavour into a healthy, and well-rounded chicken meal for lunch or dinner.
The ingredient of Sumac kebabs on couscous tabouli
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup (190g) couscous
- 1 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mint
- 2 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt, to serve
- Pita bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Sumac kebabs on couscous tabouli
- Combine the chicken, garlic, sumac, coriander and half the oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Thread the chicken onto bamboo skewers.
- Heat a char-grill pan or large frying pan over high heat. Add chicken skewers and cook, turning occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from heat. Set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, bring the chicken stock to the boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat, add the couscous and stir to combine. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Use a fork to fluff grains to separate. Transfer to a bowl. Add the parsley, mint, onion, tomatoes, lemon juice and remaining oil and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the couscous among serving plates. Top with kebabs. Serve immediately with Greek yoghurt and pita bread, if desired.
Nutritions of Sumac kebabs on couscous taboulicalories: 557.348 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 40 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 39 grams protein
calories: 141 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 386.44 milligrams sodium