The ingredient of Lemon pepper kebabs with barley salad
- 250g pearl barley, rinsed
- 8 lemon pepper chicken kebabs (from the deli)
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated and juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (80g) pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- 100g low-fat feta, crumbled
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Masterfoods tomato relish chunky style, to serve
The instruction how to make Lemon pepper kebabs with barley salad
- Place the barley in a saucepan. Cover with water. Cook over a medium heat for 40 minutes or until soft, adding a little extra water if it dries out. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool completely.
- Cook the kebabs in a large greased frying pan over a medium-high heat or on a hot barbeque plate for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, stir the lemon rind, juice, olive oil and olives through the barley until well combined. Add the parsley, basil, feta, salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Serve the kebabs with the barley salad and tomato relish.
Nutritions of Lemon pepper kebabs with barley saladcalories: 629.526 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 54 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 49 grams protein
calories: 117 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 992.51 milligrams sodium