Fire up the barbie, make these spicy fish skewers and enjoy the footy finals with friends!
The ingredient of Fish kebabs with avocado salsa and aioli
- 600g firm white fish fillets (such as swordfish)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 limes
- 2 avocados
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Lebanese bread, to serve
- Aioli*, to serve
The instruction how to make Fish kebabs with avocado salsa and aioli
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Cut the fish into bite-sized cubes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground coriander, turmeric, cumin, paprika, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the juice of 1 lime. Add the fish pieces and toss well to combine, then cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the avocados and chop the flesh into small dice. Place in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of juice from the remaining lime. Dice the onion and tomato finely and add to the bowl with avocado. Add the fresh coriander, remaining olive oil and lime juice, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the barbecue to high.
- Thread the marinated fish pieces onto the soaked skewers and cook the fish kebabs for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve the kebabs on warmed Lebanese bread, topped with the avocado salsa and a dollop of aioli.
Nutritions of Fish kebabs with avocado salsa and aiolicalories: 173.036 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 1 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 51.53 milligrams sodium