Cooked in 10 minutes, this dish of spiced beef kebabs and flavoursome tabouli makes midweek meals easy on the chef and the wallet.
The ingredient of Beef kebabs with couscous and chickpea tabouli
- 1 lemon
- 190g (1 cup) couscous
- 250ml (1 cup) boiling water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 400g beef rump steak, excess fat trimmed, cut into long thin strips
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Beef kebabs with couscous and chickpea tabouli
- Use a zester to remove the rind from the lemon. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel the rind from the lemon. Use a small sharp knife to remove the white pith from the rind. Cut the rind into very thin strips.) Juice the lemon.
- Place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Combine the water and oil, and add to the couscous. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Meanwhile, thread the beef onto 8 skewers. Sprinkle the kebabs with the cumin.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, chickpeas, tomato, shallot, mint and parsley to the couscous. Toss until well combined.
- Heat a barbecue grill over medium-high heat. Add the skewers and cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Divide the skewers and couscous tabouli among serving plates and serve.
Nutritions of Beef kebabs with couscous and chickpea taboulicalories: 402.715 calories
calories: 7.5 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 35 grams protein