Feed the family with Curtis Stones spiced lamb kebabs served with steamed rice and pineapple salsa. Best of all it only takes 20 minutes to make!
The ingredient of Jamaican-spiced lamb kebabs with pineapple salsa
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 spring onion (25g), finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 large pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into small dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 small red onion, finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 lime, zest finely grated, juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 3 cups steamed rice, for serving
The instruction how to make Jamaican-spiced lamb kebabs with pineapple salsa
- Prepare a barbecue for medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine lamb, spring onion, chilli, spices, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Using hands, mix for about 2 mins to blend flavours. Divide evenly into 8 balls. Using wet hands, mold meatballs onto skewers, packing tightly, into 15cm long logs.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce and sugar until sugar dissolves. Brush oil over meat and barbecue skewers, turning occasionally and brushing meat with soy glaze during last minute of cooking, for about 4 mins, or until brown and crusty on outside and centre shows no sign of pink.
- Divide rice among 4 plates. Place skewers over rice to rest for 2 mins. Spoon pineapple salsa over and serve.
Nutritions of Jamaican-spiced lamb kebabs with pineapple salsacalories: