Fire up the barbie and get cooking with these super-easy skewers.
The ingredient of Haloumi, ham and asparagus skewers
- 250g ham steaks, cut into 3cm x 1.5cm pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 3cm pieces
- 175g haloumi, cut into 3cm x 1.5cm pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 50g baby spinach
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Haloumi, ham and asparagus skewers
- Thread ham, asparagus and haloumi onto 12 skewers. Place in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Combine oil, lemon juice, mustard and oregano in a jug. Drizzle half the oil mixture over skewers. Turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes. Using a fork, stir to separate grains. Add onion, spinach and remaining oil mixture. Toss to combine.
- Heat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Cook skewers, turning, for 5 to 6 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Serve with couscous mixture and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Haloumi, ham and asparagus skewerscalories: 531.775 calories
calories: 31 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 38 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 25 grams protein
calories: 45 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2024.39 milligrams sodium