With a drizzle of mint aioli, these lamb skewers are the perfect dish for the summer barbecue.
The ingredient of Lamb and haloumi skewers with mint aioli
- 4 (about 600g) lamb eye of loin (backstrap)
- 1 large (about 200g) red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 x 250g pkts haloumi, halved lengthways, each half cut into 6 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 160ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- Pinch of salt
The instruction how to make Lamb and haloumi skewers with mint aioli
- To make the mint aioli, place the egg yolk, lemon juice, garlic and mustard in the bowl of a food processor and process until combined. With the motor running, gradually add the oil in a thin steady stream until the mixture is thick and pale. Add the mint and water, and process until well combined. Taste and season with salt. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until required.
- Use a sharp knife to cut each eye of loin in half lengthways. Cut each piece Alternately thread capsicum, lamb and haloumi evenly onto skewers.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill on high. Brush the skewers with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on preheated grill for 2 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking, the capsicum is tender and the haloumi is hot but holds its shape. Remove from heat.
- Place rocket leaves on a serving platter. Top with skewers and serve immediately with mint aioli.
Nutritions of Lamb and haloumi skewers with mint aiolicalories: 948.83 calories
calories: 77 grams fat
calories: 25 grams saturated fat
calories: 5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 61 grams protein
calories: 199 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 3815.36 milligrams sodium