With leeks, mushrooms and a splash of white wine, this one-pot creamy chicken is the ultimate easy dinner for two.
The ingredient of Chicken and leek casserole recipe for two
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 (about 700g) chicken marylands, skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g speck, rind removed, cut into 1cm strips
- 125g small button mushrooms
- 1 leek, trimmed, cut into 2cm-thick slices
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs, plus extra, to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) dry white wine
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- Cooked risoni pasta, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Chicken and leek casserole recipe for two
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Place the flour in a sealable plastic bag and season. Add the chicken and toss until well coated.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof dish or deep, ovenproof frying pan over medium-high. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the speck, mushroom, leek and thyme to the dish, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until the leek has softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Pour in white wine and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the wine has reduced and almost evaporated. Stir in stock and cream, and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and return the chicken to the pan, skin-side up.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with extra thyme sprigs and serve with risoni, if desired.
Nutritions of Chicken and leek casserole recipe for twocalories: 889.319 calories
calories: 68.5 grams fat
calories: 27 grams saturated fat
calories: 13 grams carbohydrates
calories: 49 grams protein