Weve combined two comfort food favourites - tacos and pasta bake - to create the ultimate weeknight dinner.
The ingredient of Cheesy chicken taco pasta bake recipe
- 1 1/2 cups small shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 30g sachet reduced-salt taco spice mix
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 375g bottle mild chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- 150g corn chips (see note)
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- 1 mini red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Cheesy chicken taco pasta bake recipe
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and diced capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add taco spice mix and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add salsa, tomato paste and 1 1/4 cups water. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until mixture has slightly thickened.
- Add chicken, beans, pasta and coriander. Stir until well combined. Spoon mixture in to a 5cm-deep, 21cm x 29cm baking dish. Arrange corn chips and cheese on top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Top with sour cream, tomato, avocado, mini capsicum, chilli and extra coriander. Serve.
Nutritions of Cheesy chicken taco pasta bake recipecalories: 876.891 calories
calories: 44.9 grams fat
calories: 18.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 66.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 43.4 grams protein
calories: 118 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1173 milligrams sodium