Thanks to the modern microwave these mini carrot cakes are ready in minutes.
The ingredient of Microwave carrot cake in minutes recipe
- 2 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1/8 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 35g (1/4 cup) coarsely grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped glace ginger, plus extra to decora
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 70g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 25g butter, at room temperature
- 80g (1/2 cup) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Microwave carrot cake in minutes recipe
- Grease a 7cm-deep, 375ml (1 1/2 cup) flat-bottomed ramekin or mug with oil spray. Line the base with baking paper. Combine the flours, sugar, cinnamon, mixed spice and bicarb soda in a bowl. Stir in the carrot, walnuts and ginger.
- Make a well in the centre and add the egg, milk and oil. Mix until well combined. Spoon into the prepared ramekin or mug. Microwave on High for 1 minute 45 seconds or until risen and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Set aside in the ramekin for 2 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely (as the cake cools, the moisture on the outside dries out and the colour darkens).
- Meanwhile, to make the cream cheese frosting, use electric beaters to beat the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the vanilla.
- Use a large serrated knife to cut the cake in half horizontally. Spread half the frosting in the middle and top with the remaining cake. Top with the remaining frosting and sprinkle with extra ginger.
Nutritions of Microwave carrot cake in minutes recipecalories: