Pumpkin cake got a pretty pink makeover using the tangy jewels of pomegranate. This treat is absolutely bursting with flavour.
The ingredient of Pumpkin and pomegranate cake
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 1 cup coarsely grated pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (70g) coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup (55g) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed (about 1u00bd cups seeds)*
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) icing sugar mixture
- Extra pomegranate seeds*, to sprinkle
- Extra chopped pistachios & walnuts, to sprinkle
The instruction how to make Pumpkin and pomegranate cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 10cm x 22cm loaf pan, allowing the sides to overhang. Combine the flour, sugar, grated pumpkin, pistachio, walnut, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and two-thirds of the pomegranate seeds in a large bowl. Whisk the egg, oil and mashed pumpkin in a bowl. Add to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Spoon into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 1 hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 mins to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Process the remaining pomegranate seeds in a food processor until the juice is released. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Discard solids. Stir the icing sugar into the pomegranate juice to form a runny paste. Spread evenly over the cake. Sprinkle with extra pomegranate seeds, pistachio and walnut. Set aside for 30 mins to set. Cut into slices.
Nutritions of Pumpkin and pomegranate cakecalories: 546.832 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 69 grams carbohydrates
calories: 50 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 200 milligrams sodium