A gorgeous no-bake cherry berry cake made with savoiardi sponge finger biscuits.
The ingredient of Easy cherry berry cake
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g strawberries, hulled, coarsely chopped
- 24 small savoiardi biscuits
- 125ml (1/2 cup) fresh orange juice
- Whole and chopped pitted cherries, to serve
The instruction how to make Easy cherry berry cake
- Use electric beaters to beat 200ml cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add the icing sugar and vanilla and beat until firm peaks form. Place the strawberry in a bowl and use a fork to coarsely mash. Fold into the cream mixture.
- Cut 10 savoiardi biscuits in half crossways. Place, cut side down, around the side of a 19cm (base measurement) springform pan. Place the orange juice in a bowl. Working with 1 biscuit at a time, quickly dip 7 of the remaining biscuits into the orange juice, turning to soak each side. Place over the base of the pan, trimming to fit where necessary.
- Spread half the cream mixture over the biscuit layer. Repeat with the remaining 7 biscuits and orange juice. Top with the remaining cream mixture and smooth the surface. Gently tap the pan on the bench to settle the mixture and remove any air pockets. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours or until chilled.
- To serve, remove the side of the pan from the base and carefully run a large knife between the base and the cake to loosen. Gently slide the cake onto a serving plate. (Alternatively, just serve the cake on the springform pan base.)
- Use electric beaters to beat the remaining 100ml cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Dollop the cream onto the cake. Top with cherries.
Nutritions of Easy cherry berry cakecalories: