Nothing beats getting creative in the kitchen - well, except eating the fruits of your labour - heres a gingerbread house challenge to get you going!
The ingredient of Gingerbread cakes
- 250g butter, chopped
- 2 cups golden syrup
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups raw caster sugar
- 4 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 375g butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
The instruction how to make Gingerbread cakes
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C/140u00b0C fan-forced. Grease two 7cm-deep, 22cm square cake pans. Line bases and sides with baking paper, allowing a 5cm overhang on all sides.
- Place butter and golden syrup in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until butter has melted. Remove from heat. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Add eggs and sugar to butter mixture. Whisk to combine. Sift half the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and mixed spice over mixture. Add half the milk. Whisk to combine. Repeat with remaining flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, mixed spice and milk. Divide mixture between prepared pans. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Cover with a clean tea towel. Set aside overnight to cool completely.
- Make icing: Make icing Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Gradually add icing sugar and milk, beating constantly until combined. Add cocoa. Beat to combine.
- Assemble the house (see related article).
- Decorate the front (see related article).
Nutritions of Gingerbread cakescalories: