Here is an interesting lunch idea - serve tasty crab cakes with remoulade and crusty bread.
The ingredient of Crab cakes with remoulade
- 14 Sao biscuits
- 3 x 170g cans crab meat
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, finely diced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Crab cakes with remoulade
- Roughly break Sao biscuits and place in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Using your hands, squeeze liquid from crab meat. Add crab meat, onions, capsicum, eggs, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, cayenne (if using), half the parsley and salt and pepper to Sao biscuits. Mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, shape mixture into eight 2cm-thick patties. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden, adding more oil as required. Drain patties on paper towel. Transfer to a baking tray. Cover with foil to keep warm while cooking remaining patties.
- Place remaining 3/4 cup mayonnaise, gherkins, mustard, remaining parsley and salt and pepper in a dipping bowl.
- Mix until well combined. Serve crab cakes with remoulade and crusty bread.
Nutritions of Crab cakes with remouladecalories: 597.739 calories
calories: 38 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 39 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams sugar
calories: 25 grams protein
calories: 234 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1810.34 milligrams sodium