Try something different with this cardamom-spiced cake topped with sweet pineapple.
The ingredient of Pineapple and cardamon cake
- 1 pineapple (see notes)
- 175g unsalted butter, chopped
- 300g muscovado sugar (see note) or dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 350g (1 cup) golden syrup
- 200g sour cream
- 225g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- Double cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Pineapple and cardamon cake
- Trim ends from pineapple, then cut off a 10cm-long piece. Peel, cut into quarters through the core to create 4 wedges, remove core from each wedge, then cut each wedge lengthwise into about 8 x 4mm-wide slices.
- Place 50g butter and 125g muscovado sugar in a frying pan and stir over lowu00e2u20acu201cmedium heat until melted and combined. Working in three batches, add pineapple slices and cook for 1 minute each side or until tender, then remove and place on a plate. Pour juices that accumulate on the plate back into the pan and simmer until thick and syrupy.
- Grease a 24cm springform tin and line the base with baking paper. Arrange the pineapple slices randomly and overlapping to cover the base of the tin, then drizzle half the juices over.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Using an electric mixer, beat remaining butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well before adding the next. Add golden syrup and beat until combined. Add sour cream, then sift over flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices, and stir until just combined. Spoon mixture over pineapple, level, then bake for 55 minutes, covering the top of the cake with baking paper halfway through cooking, or until a cake tester inserted into the centre come out clean. Cool cake in tin completely before releasing sides and inverting onto a plate. Reheat the remaining syrup in the pan until thick, then brush over the top of the cake. Serve with double cream.
Nutritions of Pineapple and cardamon cakecalories: