Entertain guests in style with this incredible strawberry-filled layer cake topped with beautiful rose petals.
The ingredient of Stawberry layer cake
- 110g (1/3 cup) strawberry jam, warmed
- 375g small strawberries, hulled, halved
- 3 pesticide-free pastel pink roses
- 1 egg white
- Caster sugar, to dust
- 80ml (1/3 cup) pouring cream
- 1 teaspoon glucose syrup
- 175g Lindt white chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 220g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 75g marzipan, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 2 x 5g leaves titanium-strength gelatine
- 60ml (1/4 cup) amaretto liqueur
- 120g caster sugar
- 3 eggs separated
- 500g mascarpone
The instruction how to make Stawberry layer cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. For cakes, grease 2 x 23cm shallow cake tins and line bases with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, whisk yolks, 175g sugar, marzipan and 1 tablespoon water on high speed for 3 minutes or until mixture has tripled in volume. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a clean bowl, whisk whites on high speed until foamy, add cream of tartar and whisk to soft peaks. Gradually beat in remaining sugar until stiff and glossy.
- Add 2 large spoonfuls of meringue to egg-yolk mixture, sift over flour and stir in. Gently fold in remaining meringue. Divide batter between tins, then spin tins to level batter. Bake for 18 minutes, swapping shelves halfway through cooking, or until cakes spring back when pressed gently. Cool in tins for 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks.
- For filling, soak gelatine in cold water for 3u00e2u20acu201c5 minutes, then squeeze out excess water. Meanwhile, place liqueur and 60g sugar in a small pan and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Add gelatine and stir until dissolved. Using an electric mixer, whisk liqueur mixture with yolks until combined. Add mascarpone, whisk until just thick, then transfer to a large bowl.
- In a clean bowl, whisk whites to soft peaks. Gradually add remaining sugar and whisk until stiff. Fold meringue into mascarpone mixture in 2 batches.
- Grease, then line base and side of a 24cm springform tin with baking paper. Place one cake in tin the right way up and brush with half the jam. Stand strawberry halves upright and slightly apart so cut sides touch perimeter of tin. Fill the centre with the rest. Carefully spoon mascarpone mixture over strawberries, filling the gaps. Level top, then knock tin gently on a work surface to remove air pockets. Brush remaining jam over second cake, then place, jam-side down, over filling. Cover tin with plastic wrap, then refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to firm.
- Pluck rose petals and brush each lightly with egg white, then dust generously with sugar. Place on a wire rack to dry for 4 hours or overnight at room temperature.
- For white chocolate ganache, bring pouring cream and glucose to the boil in a small saucepan, remove from heat, then stir in chocolate until melted. Place pan over a bowl of iced water and stir occasionally until mixture is the consistency of double cream.
- To serve, release cake from tin, remove paper and slide onto a plate. Pour ganache over the top and spread to cover, allowing a little drip down the side. Return cake to the fridge for 30 minutes to firm, then decorate with sugared rose petals.
Nutritions of Stawberry layer cakecalories: 878.325 calories
calories: 50 grams fat
calories: 32 grams saturated fat
calories: 86 grams carbohydrates
calories: 71 grams sugar
calories: 17 grams protein
calories: 177.24 milligrams sodium