These speedy crab cakes make an elegant and quick summer starter or serve them with a salad for a light al fresco lunch.
The ingredient of Crab cakes with dill mayonnaise
- 750g (about 4) sebago potatoes, cooked, mashed, cooled
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 savoury crackers (we used Jatz), crushed
- 500g cooked crabmeat, (see note) drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus leaves to serve
- 1 cup (300g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- Sunflower oil, to shallow-fry
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Crab cakes with dill mayonnaise
- Combine potato, onion, mustard, lemon zest and juice, crackers, crabmeat, egg and 2 tablespoons parsley, then season well. Form into 8 small patties, then chill for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, dill and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley in a small bowl. Season to taste, then chill until needed.
- Heat 2cm oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Fry crab cakes for 1-2 minutes each side until crisp and golden. Garnish with parsley and serve with lime wedges and dill mayonnaise.
Nutritions of Crab cakes with dill mayonnaisecalories: 579.097 calories
calories: 46.9 grams fat
calories: 5.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 33.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6.8 grams sugar
calories: 7.8 grams protein
calories: 33 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 739 milligrams sodium