Pineapple gives carrot cake a fresh flavour and the cream cheese icing is to die for!
The ingredient of Pegs pineapple carrot cake
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup grated carrot (see notes)
- 1/2 x 440g can crushed pineapple in juice, well drained (see notes)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts, plus extra 2 tablespoons to decorate
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
The instruction how to make Pegs pineapple carrot cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in raw sugar, carrot, pineapple, walnuts and sultanas. Make a well. Whisk eggs and oil in a jug. Pour into well. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn, top-side up, onto a baking paper-lined wire rack. Cool completely.
- Make Lemon Cream Cheese Icing: Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and rind until smooth. Gradually add icing sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Spread icing on top of cake. Decorate with extra walnuts. Serve.
Nutritions of Pegs pineapple carrot cakecalories: 315.719 calories
calories: 14.8 grams fat
calories: 3.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 41.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams protein
calories: 42 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 296 milligrams sodium