A decadent gluten-free cake which used coconut sugar, almond meal and raw cacao powder.
The ingredient of Flourless chocolate and orange cake
- 1 orange
- 3 eggs, separated
- 150g coconut sugar (see Notes)
- 150g almond meal
- 50g (1/2 cup) raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Raw cacao powder, extra, to dust
- Orange blossom honey, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Flourless chocolate and orange cake
- Place the orange in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours, topping up water if necessary, or until tender. Set aside to cool completely. Coarsely chop. Remove and discard the pips.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease and line the base and side of a 20cm (base measurement) springform cake pan.
- Process the egg yolks, sugar and orange until smooth and well combined. Add the almond meal, cacao powder, baking powder and salt. Process until just combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg white into the chocolate mixture, in 2 batches, until just combined. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 15 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with extra cacao powder. Drizzle with honey if desired.
Nutritions of Flourless chocolate and orange cakecalories: 239.956 calories
calories: 11.6 grams fat
calories: 1.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 29.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21.8 grams sugar
calories: 7.4 grams protein
calories: 61 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 64 milligrams sodium