Who says you have to miss dessert? This diabetes-friendly cake is just the ticket when an occasional something sweet is called for.
The ingredient of Chocolate fudge cake
- 310g (1 1/4 cups) no-fat Greek yoghurt
- 200g soft silken tofu, drained
- 70g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 80g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 1 tbs self-raising flour, sifted
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbs strawberry jam (or fruit spread)
- 1 tbs water
- 250g punnet strawberries, halved
- Micro herbs, optional, to serve
The instruction how to make Chocolate fudge cake
- Place a fine sieve over a bowl. Line the sieve with a double layer of muslin. Place the yoghurt in the centre of muslin. Bring edges together to enclose. Twist or tie with string to secure. Place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight to drain.
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced. Spray a round 20cm cake pan with oil to grease and line the base and side with baking paper.
- Process tofu, sugar, egg yolks and half the vanilla in a food processor until smooth. Add the chocolate and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Fold in combined flour.
- Beat egg whites with electric beaters in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Use a large metal spoon to fold one-third of the egg white into chocolate mixture until just combined. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining egg white. Spoon cake mixture into the prepared pan and smooth surface. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in pan to cool.
- Heat the jam or fruit spread, remaining vanilla and 1 tbs of the water in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Simmer for 1 minute. Add strawberries. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until just softened. Cool.
- Place the cake on a serving plate. Top with the yoghurt, spreading to the edges. Top with the strawberries and drizzle with syrup. Scatter with micro herbs, if using.
Nutritions of Chocolate fudge cakecalories: