If youre short on time but big on flavour, these little raspberry and rhubarb cakes are the perfect solution!
The ingredient of Raspberry and rhubarb buttermilk cakes
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw caster sugar
- 100g butter, melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 rhubarb stalks, trimmed, cut into 5mm-thick slices (see note)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw sugar
The instruction how to make Raspberry and rhubarb buttermilk cakes
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fanforced. Grease a 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan.
- Sift flour and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon into a bowl. Add sugar. Stir to combine. Make a well in centre. Add butter, buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Using a large metal spoon, stir gently to combine. Fold through raspberries and rhubarb.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan holes. Combine raw sugar and remaining cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle over mixture. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre of 1 cake comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Nutritions of Raspberry and rhubarb buttermilk cakescalories: 190.722 calories
calories: 8.2 grams fat
calories: 4.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 24.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3.5 grams protein
calories: 54 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 199 milligrams sodium