These super moist tea cakes are given a finishing touch of sweet marmalade icing - Perfect!
The ingredient of Earl grey tea cakes
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- 60ml (1/4 cup) boiling water
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 160g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) self-raising flour
- 230g (1 1/2 cups) pure icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons breakfast marmalade
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh orange juice, approximately
The instruction how to make Earl grey tea cakes
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush 12 medium (80ml/1/3 cup) muffin pans with the melted butter to lightly grease.
- Empty the tea leaves from the tea bags into a cup and add the boiling water. Set aside for 3 minutes. Stir in the milk and then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the butter, eggs, sugar and flour to the tea mixture. Use electric beaters on low speed to beat until just combined. Increase speed to medium and beat until the mixture is pale and creamy (the mixture may look slightly curdled).
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the greased pans. Bake in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in the cakes comes out clean. Remove from the oven and set aside for 2-3 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the marmalade icing, combine the icing sugar and marmalade in a small bowl. Add enough juice to make a very thick paste.
- Use a teaspoon dipped in hot water to spread the icing over the tops of the cooled cakes. Set aside for 15-20 minutes to allow the icing to set.
Nutritions of Earl grey tea cakescalories: