Looking for a moist and tasty chocolate birthday cake recipe? Look no further.
The ingredient of Chocolate birthday cake
- 400g butter, softened
- 2 cups (400g) brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (95g) Cadbury Bournville cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1/3 cup (80ml) boiling water
- 250g butter, softened
- 3 cups (450g) icing sugar mixture
- 2/3 cup (70g) Cadbury Bournville cocoa
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
The instruction how to make Chocolate birthday cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line the base and sides of two 20cm round cake pans with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the combined flours, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and milk, in alternating batches, and stir until just combined. Combine the coffee and water in a small bowl. Add to the batter and stir to combine. Divide the mixture evenly among the prepared pans. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate icing, use an electric mixer to beat the butter in a medium bowl until very pale. Gradually add the icing sugar, beating well between each addition. Add the cocoa powder and milk and beat until well combined.
- Use a large serrated knife to split each cake into 2 layers. Place one layer on a serving platter. Spread with one-quarter of the chocolate icing. Continue layering with remaining cake and icing. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate birthday cakecalories: 879.998 calories
calories: 49 grams fat
calories: 31 grams saturated fat
calories: 98 grams carbohydrates
calories: 72 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 588.19 milligrams sodium