This gluten-free Coffee and Hazelnut Cake is deliciously good and will have you going back for seconds.
The ingredient of Coffee and hazelnut cake
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 200g hazelnut meal
- 2/3 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 200ml Coles Brand Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 1 cup thickened cream, whipped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 20g gluten-free dark chocolate, shaved
The instruction how to make Coffee and hazelnut cake
- Preheat oven to 170C (150C fan-forced). Grease and line the base and sides of a 22cm round springform pan with baking paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl for about 10 mins or until light and fluffy and tripled in volume.
- Meanwhile, place the hazelnut meal in a large bowl. Sift over the flour and baking powder and whisk to combine well. Whisk the coffee with 1/4 cup water in a small jug until dissolved. With the motor on low, slowly pour the oil into the egg mixture until fully incorporated. Gently fold in the hazelnut mixture. Gently stir through the coffee mixture until combined. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand in the pan on a wire rack for 5 mins. Remove sides of pan and set aside to cool.
- Whisk liqueur through whipped cream. Chill until ready to serve.
- Top the cake with coffee cream and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate.
Nutritions of Coffee and hazelnut cakecalories: