The ingredient of Orange syrup cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 160g butter
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 55g (1/2 cup) hazelnut meal
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 2 oranges
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 4 whole cloves
The instruction how to make Orange syrup cake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Brush a round 20cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Use an electric beater to beat together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Use a large metal spoon to gently fold in half the flour, hazelnut meal, orange rind, nutmeg and milk until combined. Repeat with the remaining flour, hazelnut meal, orange rind, nutmeg and milk (do not overmix or the cake will be tough). Spoon the cake batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan for 2 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack over a baking tray.
- Meanwhile, to make the orange syrup, use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin from 1 orange. Use a small sharp knife to remove white pith and cut rind into very thin strips. Juice oranges. Combine orange juice, rind, sugar and cloves in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Boil, occasionally brushing down the side of the pan with a pastry brush dipped in water, for 5 minutes or until mixture is syrupy. Remove cloves and discard.
- Spoon the hot syrup and orange rind over the warm cake. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool. Cut cake into wedges to serve.
Nutritions of Orange syrup cakecalories: 430.917 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 50 grams carbohydrates
calories: 36 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 278.07 milligrams sodium