This festive cake has a lighter feel with a hint of coconut. Pipe pretty candy cane meringues to frame your cake. Magical!
The ingredient of Coconut candy cane cake
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 430g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 300g ctn sour cream
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 85g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 160ml (2/3 cup) coconut milk
- White chocolate curls, to decorate (see Notes)
- Silver cachous, to decorate
- Icing sugar, to dust
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- Wilton Icing Colors Paste Red-Red
- 600g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) thickened cream
The instruction how to make Coconut candy cane cake
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Brush two 20cm (base measurement) round cake pans with melted butter to grease. Line bases and sides with baking paper.
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until combined. Beat in the sour cream. Stir in the flours, desiccated coconut and coconut milk. Spoon the mixture among the prepared pans and smooth the surface. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 30 minutes, then turn onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the meringues, preheat the oven to 120u00b0C/100u00b0C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Use electric beaters to beat the egg white in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tbs at a time, beating constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Carefully stand a piping bag fitted with a 1cm nozzle upright in a tall glass. Use a small paintbrush to very lightly paint 4 even stripes of red food colouring into the length of the bag. Carefully spoon the meringue mixture into the piping bag. Pipe 10cm-long logs of meringue onto the prepared trays. Bake for 1 hour or until crisp and dry. Turn off oven. Leave trays in the oven, with the door slightly ajar, for 1 1/2 hours or until cool.
- For the frosting, combine the chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on High, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, for 3-4 minutes or until melted and smooth. Place in the fridge, stirring occasionally, for 2 hours or until thickened to a spreadable consistency.
- Cut each cake in half horizontally. Place 1 cake on a serving plate. Spread with 3/4 cup of the frosting. Top with another cake. Repeat the layers with the remaining cakes and 3u20444 cup of the frosting in each layer, finishing with a layer of cake. Spread the top and side of the cake with the remaining frosting. Attach the meringue logs upright around the side of the cake. Sprinkle the top with white chocolate curls and cachous. Dust with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Coconut candy cane cakecalories: