Just like the old lollypop. Only better. A great dinner party surprise.
The ingredient of Chocolate cake pops
- 600g Coles bakery chocolate mud cake
- 3 cups white chocolate melts
- 1 cup Coles shredded coconut
- 1 cup hundreds and thousands
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- Silver cachous (optional)
The instruction how to make Chocolate cake pops
- Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Roughly chop the mud cake and place in a large bowl. Use your hands to break it up until crumbled, then take tablespoonfuls of the mixture and roll firmly into balls. Put balls on a tray.
- Place white melts in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the base of the bowl doesnu2019t touch the water). Stir until chocolate has melted. Remove bowl from the pan.
- Spread coconut, hundreds and thousands, and almonds on separate plates. Working one at a time, use 2 forks to dip a ball into the melted chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drain back into the bowl before rolling the ball in coconut. Place on prepared tray to set. Repeat, coating a third of the balls in coconut, a third in hundreds and thousands, and a third in almonds.
- Cut skewers in half, wrap with a ribbon and gently insert one halfway into each ball to act as a lollipop stick. To give the pops away as a gift, plant them in a small bowl of desiccated coconut and wrap in cellophane. You can also decorate some of the pops with silver cachous if you like.
Nutritions of Chocolate cake popscalories: