For a fun, family-friendly Christmas dessert try this delicious reindeer carrot cake topped with smooth cream cheese icing and candied carrots.
The ingredient of Reindeer carrot cake
- 1/2 cup (110g) CSR brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (175g) CSR golden syrup
- 3/4 cup (185ml) olive oil
- 3 Coles Brand Australian free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, grated
- 3 cups (660g) CSR caster sugar
- 2 carrots, extra, peeled into ribbons
- 250g spreadable cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (80g) CSR pure icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Reindeer carrot cake
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and line a deep 20cm round (base measurement) cake pan with baking paper.
- Place brown sugar, golden syrup, oil, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add grated carrot and stir to combine. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven. Set aside in the pan for 5 mins to cool before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place the caster sugar and 2 cups (500ml) water in a saucepan over low heat. Stir for 3 mins or until the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Add the carrot ribbons and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 mins or until carrot is translucent. Set aside to cool completely. Drain the carrot and discard the syrup.
- To make the cream cheese icing, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl until light and creamy. Spread the icing evenly over the cake and top with the candied carrot to serve.
Nutritions of Reindeer carrot cakecalories: