Honeydew sorbet mixed with vanilla ice cream creates a fresh summer dessert.
The ingredient of Honeydew ripple ice cream
- 300ml thickened cream
- 300ml milk
- 5 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 500g honeydew melon
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 2-3 drops green food colouring (optional)
The instruction how to make Honeydew ripple ice cream
- Place cream and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat for 4-5 minutes until just below boiling point, then remove from heat and leave aside for 20 minutes. Discard any skin thats formed on the surface.
- Place yolks, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Using electric beaters, beat for about 3 minutes until thick and pale. Gradually beat in cream mixture, then place in a clean pan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until you have a custard thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- Pour into a bowl and cover the surface with plastic wrap to prevent a skin forming. Leave to cool for about 1 hour, then chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- While Vanilla ice cream custard chills, make honeydew sorbet. Puree or process honeydew melon, caster sugar, and green food colouring if desired, until smooth. Churn the sorbet in an ice cream machine until thick, then remove and freeze while you churn the chilled vanilla custard in the ice cream machine. (see notes)
- Combine vanilla ice cream with 1 cup of the sorbet in a large container and run a skewer through to swirl. Freeze for about 3 hours until firm.
Nutritions of Honeydew ripple ice creamcalories: