Ice-cream isnt only for the kids. This adult version incorporates the flavours of coffee and warm chocolate sauce.
The ingredient of Coffee and amaretti ice-cream
- 1 x 600ml ctn thickened cream
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 6 egg yolks
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 12 amaretti biscuits, coarsely broken
- 2 teaspoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 100g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
The instruction how to make Coffee and amaretti ice-cream
- Combine the cream, milk and coffee in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Use a balloon whisk to whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a large heatproof bowl until thick and pale. Gradually stir in the cream mixture into the egg mixture. Transfer to a clean saucepan and place over low heat. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 5-7 minutes or until custard coats the back of the spoon.
- Pour the custard mixture into a shallow metal container. Cover with foil and place in the freezer for 3 hours or until firm.
- Roughly break up the ice-cream with a metal spoon and transfer to a bowl. Use an electric beater to beat until smooth. Return to the metal container. Add the amaretti biscuits and gently fold through. Cover with foil and place in the freezer for a further 4 hours or until firm.
- Meanwhile: to make the chocolate sauce, combine the water and coffee in a heatproof bowl. Add the chocolate, cream and sugar and place over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnu00c3u00a2??t touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir occasionally until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Scoop the ice-cream among serving bowls. Drizzle with warm or at room temperature chocolate sauce and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Coffee and amaretti ice-creamcalories: 719.151 calories
calories: 56 grams fat
calories: 34 grams saturated fat
calories: 48 grams carbohydrates
calories: 42 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 249 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 105.66 milligrams sodium