A new twist on an old favourite, this makeover is so delicious it just might become your new classic hit!
The ingredient of Pear and raspberry ice-cream crumble
- 3 slices wholemeal bread
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 4 pears, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 litres vanilla ice-cream, softened
The instruction how to make Pear and raspberry ice-cream crumble
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Grease a 6cm-deep, 19cm (base) square pan. Line with baking paper, leaving a 6cm overhang on all sides.
- Process bread until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Place in a bowl. Stir in brown sugar and mixed spice. Spread mixture over prepared baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place pear, caster sugar and 2 tablespoons cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until pear is just tender. Remove from heat. Stir in raspberries. Cool completely.
- Strain pear mixture, reserving 2 tablespoons syrup. Place ice-cream in a large bowl. Add pear mixture, reserved syrup and half the breadcrumb mixture. Stir to combine. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining breadcrumb mixture. Cover with plastic wrap followed by foil. Freeze overnight or until firm. Serve.
Nutritions of Pear and raspberry ice-cream crumblecalories: 255.969 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 35 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 33 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 81.15 milligrams sodium