We will all scream for ice-cream this summer with this melt-in-the-mouth ice-cream cake treat from Martha Stewart.
The ingredient of Marthas fudgy ice-cream cake
- 2 litres vanilla ice-cream, softened
- 30 granita biscuits
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream
- Cocoa powder, to serve
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 120g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- Pinch of salt
The instruction how to make Marthas fudgy ice-cream cake
- Lightly grease a 7cm-deep, 20cm square cake pan. Line pan with plastic wrap, leaving a 15cm overhang on two sides. Freeze pan for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make Fudge sauce: Combine golden syrup, cream, butter, sugar, cocoa and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Set aside to cool.
- Using a spatula, press one-third ice-cream into pan. Top with a single layer of biscuits, trimming to fit. Drizzle with 1/4 cup fudge sauce. Freeze for 5 minutes. Repeat twice, omitting sauce on final layer. Wrap in plastic. Freeze for 8 hours (or up to 3 days) until firm. Cover and refrigerate remaining fudge sauce.
- To serve, remove cake from freezer and allow to soften for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a platter and remove plastic wrap. Microwave fudge sauce on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute 20 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, or until pourable. Pour over cake. Freeze cake for 5 minutes or until sauce sets.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat icing sugar and cream for 3 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Dollop cake with whipped cream and dust with cocoa. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Marthas fudgy ice-cream cakecalories: 909.395 calories
calories: 56 grams fat
calories: 36 grams saturated fat
calories: 89 grams carbohydrates
calories: 64 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 152 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 331.38 milligrams sodium